Part Seven – Improve
Plans are only good intentions unless they immediately degenerate into hard work.
– Peter Drucker
After you clarify the principles and the why?, and create a hoshin plan, it’s time to do something. To create improvement.
Key points from this section:
- Improvement activities, whether on an organization or a small process, should follow the PDSA (Plan-Do-Study-Adjust) cycle.
- Kaizen is the process of creating many improvements, by individuals or teams.
- Other improvement tools include value stream mapping, standard work, and improvement kata.
- Daily management and accountability are required to drive and sustain improvement
- A key component of improvement is a practice of individual or team reflection
- Celebrate success and learn from failure.